When we talk about budget phones, the choices are clearly in abundance. However, when we narrow it down to a particular mobile platform and market, the choice becomes much easier. Two of the best budget phones right now are the Samsung Galaxy S10e and Google Pixel 4A.
The Google Pixel 4a takes everything that made the Pixel 3a great, the flagship – caliber camera, the thoughtful software, the impressive build quality and improves upon it, while also lowering the price to $349. The Google Pixel 4a is an unbeatable phone for $350 and the best in its class if camera performance is your primary concern. The Pixel 4a is the better handset overall.
The Samsung Galaxy S10e packs great performance and a vivid display into a compact design for an affordable price. It is a one – hand – friendly phone with outstanding specs. The best thing about the Galaxy S10e is that it’s a complete and tidy package that shares the same core features as the $1,000 Galaxy S10 Plus, but for a much lower sum.
Therefore, if you are in search of a quality phone in an affordable range, go for these two smartphones (Samsung Galaxy S10e and the Google Pixel 4a). For your help, I am comparing the specs and features of the Pixel 4a and Samsung Galaxy S10e, so that you will get an idea of which one suits your need and takes the cake.
Google Pixel 4a:
The cheapest phone offered by Google is the Google Pixel 4a, and it’s a great budget Android device. The Pixel 4a was announced on August 3, 2020. It’s Google’s most affordable phone for the year and it’s a great pick if you want:
- A cheap-ish phone from a trusted brand
- A great camera
- A smaller size
- Quality software and guaranteed updates.
The best part of Pixel 4a is that you get security updates and Android version upgrades straight from Google (the company that makes Android) for three years. The Pixel 4a is available unlocked from Google and retailers like Amazon. You can also buy the phone through Verizon, Google Fi, US Cellular, and other select carriers.
Samsung Galaxy S10e:
Samsung Galaxy S10e is like a dream come true for value shoppers who love small phones. The Galaxy S10e shares the S10’s core camera and Snapdragon 855 chipset, so photos and speed are excellent. Battery life and wireless power-sharing are also spot-on. Its fingerprint reader and flat-screen solve minor problems with the pricier S10 and S10 Plus.
The Samsung Galaxy S10e is a cheaper flagship phone that hits most of the same highs as its costlier siblings. The Samsung Galaxy S10e delivers a premium experience for less money than you might expect, which is why it is one of the best Android phones out there.
Samsung Galaxy S10e VS Google Pixel 4a – Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy S10e – Specifications:
- Released Date: 2019, February 20.
- Weight:29 ounces.
- Dimensions:2 x 69.9 x 7.9mm.
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (pie).
- Screen size:8 inches.
- Resolution:1080 x 2280 pixels.
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame.
- Screen Type: Dynamic AMOLED, HDR10+.
- CPU:Octa-core (2 x 2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2 x 2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4 x 1.95 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA/LATAM.
- RAM:6 / 8 GB.
- Storage:128 / 256 GB.
- Battery:3,100 mAh.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Always-on Display.
- Rear camera:16 Megapixels.
- Front camera:10 Megapixels.
Google Pixel 4a – Specifications:
- Released Date: 2020, August 3.
- Weight:04 ounces.
- Dimensions:2 x 69.9 x 7.9 mm.
- Operating System: Android 10.
- Screen size:81 inches.
- Resolution:1080 x 2340 pixels.
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame.
- Screen Type: OLED, HDR.
- CPU: Octa-core (2 x 2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6 x 1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver).
- RAM:6 GB.
- Storage:128 GB.
- Battery:3,140 mAh.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Always-on Display.
- Front Camera: 8 Megapixels.
- Rear Camera:2 Megapixels.
Samsung Galaxy S10e VS Google Pixel 4a – Features:
Samsung Galaxy S10e Features:
- Display: The Samsung Galaxy S10e has a 5.8-inch full-HD Dynamic AMOLED display, with HDR 10+ certification.
- Dual Aperture Camera: At the back of the phone, there are some more cutbacks compared to other Galaxy S10 models. It ditches the telephoto camera so you only get the main dual-aperture, 12-megapixel sensor, and the 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle one.
- Storage: It has the Exynos 9820 octa-core SoC, align with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
- MicroSD Slot: The device also has a microSD card slot for up to 512GB memory expansion.
- Stereo Speakers: The Galaxy S10e also features AKG-tuned stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, and a whole bunch of sensors.
- Battery: The Galaxy S10e has a 3100mAh battery, which is the smallest of the series, and that has a noticeable effect in everyday use. We typically managed to get roughly 17 to 18 hours of actual battery life.
- One hand Friendly: The S10E is small enough to hold steady with one hand and focus with the other if need be.
Google Pixel 4a Features:
- Single Lens Camera: The Pixel 4a features the same 12MP camera sensor as its predecessor. There’s also only one lens on the back – no wide-angle, no zoom, no depth sensors.
- Battery: The Google Pixel 4a comes with a 3140mAh battery. You can expect around 6.5-7 hours of screen-on time from the Pixel 4a’s 3,140mAh battery, with medium usage.
- Display: Beautiful bezel-less design with a 5.8 inch Full HD OLED display that goes from edge to edge, so you can immerse yourself in your videos and apps.
- HDR: HDR+ makes your photos look better by automatically adjusting for color and lighting.
- Security Chip: The custom-made Titan M security chip helps secure the operating system and protect sensitive data, like passwords.
- Security Updates: You automatically receive the latest OS and security updates on your cell phone for at least 3 years.
- Call screen: With Call Screen, Google Assistant helps you automatically filter out robocalls on your cell phone before it ever rings.
Samsung Galaxy S10e VS Google Pixel 4a – Pros And Con’s:
Samsung Galaxy S10e Pros And Con’s:
Google Pixel 4a Pros And Con’s:
To Sum Up:
Here my comparison of Samsung Galaxy S10e and Google Pixel 4a comes to an end. I hope the details above will help you to decide the best smartphone for your use.
In my opinion, Samsung Galaxy S10e is much a better phone with amazing features. This smartphone is for folks who want to text and browse apps one-handed. I’d have no problem recommending this phone to my parents, friends, or basically, anyone who needs a really good Android phone that doesn’t cost $1,000. The Galaxy S10e is the most normal phone of the bunch, offering a great overall experience without making any detrimental sacrifices.
The Pixel 4a is also good enough for most use cases, but don’t get it if you want to run high-end games or other processor-intensive apps. If you plan to keep your next phone for more than two years then go for Samsung Galaxy S10e.