Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, along with so many other amazing features, has this unique screenshot capture feature as well. Unlike other phones, Galaxy S7 Active not only captures screenshots in one simple way, rather it can capture screenshots in three different ways.
You can simply go for the one you prefer and the one that seems easy and comfortable to you.
Ways to Get a Screenshot on Galaxy S7 Active
There are three different ways to capture a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. These are:
- By using the Buttons
- By Swiping the screen
- By scrolling down to capture more.
Method 1. Using the Buttons
The first and the easiest way to take a screenshot of Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is by the use of its buttons. The steps you need to follow are.
- Open the screen or page you want to take a screenshot of.
- Now press and hold the power button and home button for a few seconds. This might take a few seconds, or just get captured in one second sometimes.
- You’ll probably hear a camera shutter sound when the screenshot has been taken. You may also turn this shutter sound off through your phone’s settings.
- The screenshot would automatically be saved in the Gallery or Google Photos of your phone.
- The screenshots also get saved in pictures/Screenshots. You can access them too if you want to get the screenshots through Command-Line or Android File Transfer Tool.
Method 2. By Swiping the Screen
Another easy yet cool way to take a screenshot in S7 Active is by swiping the screen with your palm. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Tilt your hand a little, in a way that your little finger is towards the screen while thumb is towards your own self.
- Now slide your palm across the screen horizontally. You can do it from wither left to right, or from right to left. That’s completely your choice.
This feature is enabled in Samsung Galaxy S7 by default. But if you want to turn this feature off, your can do this through your phone’s settings. Here is how.
- Go to your phone’s
- Scroll down and look for “Motion” Go into this option and then choose “Motions and Gestures.”
- There you’ll se “Palm Swipe to Capture”
- Click on it and turn it off.
Method 3. By Scrolling Down to Capture More
Third method to capture the screenshots in Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is by scrolling down. this method has been borrowed and adapted from Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
This feature is most helpful when you want to take a screenshot of more than just one screen, for example a Web page. Here are the steps how you can do this:
- First of all, take a screenshot just as you’ve been doing earlier.
- Now tap the “Capture more” option. Now scroll down and cover more of the screen for capturing it.
- Keep on tapping until you’ve taken all the screenshots you required.
IMPORTANT. These screenshots can get very large in size. The single screen captures have a full resolution 1440 x 2560. But in case of scrolling down screenshots, the width is downscaled to 1080 pixels.
Also, when multiple screenshots are taken by scrolling, instead of being saved in PNG form, they are saved as JPEG.
Summing It Up
So, you can easily capture screenshots with your Samsung Galaxy S7 Active by using three methods. Once you’ve taken a screenshot, you’ve got a couple of other options too. You may edit your screenshot right at the spot for example, if you want to crop or share it.
Or the other option is to just let it be and go about your business. Your screenshot will remain safe.