If there’s one tech product category that covers a vastly differing array of devices, it must surely be tablets. Simply defined as devices with touchscreens, many tablets have become much more than that. While some areas basic as you would expect from the definition, others may compete to take over from your laptop.
Shopping for the best tablet can be complicated — I wanted to make it easy for you by providing a good comparison between the two best brands ( Amazon fire and Samsung ). Amazon and Samsung are pretty well the only two companies that are still developing Android tablets. They both are comparatively low budget but still manage to do awesome things.
Although one outstands the other in some features, and some are just preferential.
Samsung’s tablet lineup consists of several different models, with a wide range in price and features. Meanwhile, Amazon’s tablets, which technically run a forked version of Android called Fire OS, are designed and sold at budget prices, integrating all of the online shopping giant’s stores and services.
However, these two big–name tablets, from brands that hold more than half of the tablet market between them (according to technology market analyst Canalys ), nicely represent the two tiers of the tablet you have to choose from.
Read on to find out what each tier has to offer and which one is likely to tick your boxes.
Amazon Fire Tablet.
The Amazon Fire tablet is a lot cheaper than Samsung, but it also comes with some annoying limitations. A really nice feature of Fire tablets is the option to install apps on the MicroSD card. You can save money by buying the 16GB device and get up to 512GB of storage. However, not all apps can be moved to the SD card.
Amazon’s Fire OS might not be good enough for those who live in Google’s ecosystem, which is why affordable Android tablets from companies like Samsung still matter to some shoppers.
Samsung Galaxy comes with different models. Their sound quality is very impressive considering the cost of the devices. It also comes with Bluetooth, Samsung Kids, Dark Mode, Blue Light Filter, and Quick Share to transfer files between Samsung devices.
Unlike Amazon Fire devices, the Samsung Galaxy devices don’t have the option to install apps on an SD card, which is unfortunate because it comes with 32GB of internal memory and up to 512GB of expandable memory with an external micro SD card. Prior Samsung models offered the option to transfer apps to the SD card.
Amazon Fire Specifications:
- Dimensions:25 x 10.31 x 0.38 inches (15.9 x 26.2 x 0.98 cm).
- Weight:2 lbs (0.504 kg).
- Colors: Black, Plum, Twilight Blue, White.
- Screen Size:1 inches (25.6 cm).
- Resolution: 1920×1200 pixels.
- Processor: 2 GHz octa – core.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal storage: 32 GB.
- Rear Camera: 2 – megapixel.
- Front Camera: 2 – megapixel.
- Operating System:
- Battery Life: Up to 10 to 12 hours.
Samsung Tablet Specifications:
- Dimensions:8 x 9.64 x 0.29 inches (14.9 x 24.5 x 0.75 cm).
- Weight:01 lbs (0.460 kg).
- Colors: Black, Silver, Gold.
- Screen Size:1 inches (25.6 cm).
- Resolution: 1920 × 1200 pixels.
- Processor: octa-core.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Storage: 32 GB.
- Rear Camera: 8 – megapixel.
- Front Camera: 5 – megapixel.
- Operating System:
- Battery Life: Up to 9 to 10 hours.
Amazon Fire Features:
- Design: On the very top, it has a power button and USB type-c for charging in sync.
- Microphone and headphone jack: It also includes a pinhole microphone, headphone jack, and volume rocker.
- SD Card Slot: Over on the right side, we do have an SD card slot and this is good up to a 512-gigabyte card.
- Dual Stereo Speakers: This tablet contains dual stereo speakers and it sounds really good.
- Battery Life: You’ll get up to 12 hours of battery life on a single charge, and if you want to pay a little more, you can get a 15W charger to speed up the charge time.
- Amazon App store: It runs Android apps, but you’re limited to apps that are available in Amazon’s own App store.
Samsung Tablet Features:
- Colors: It comes in three separate colors ( Black, Gold, silver ).
- Samsung logo: On the back, you get the Samsung logo a little two–tone on your camera.
- USB Type – C port, Speakers, and Headphone Jack: On the bottom, you got a USB type – c port for charging, you got speakers on both sides, and you actually have the 3.5-millimeter headphone jack on top.
- Design: Power button, volume buttons, and SD card slot on the right-side.
- Camera: Camera setups you got a 5-megapixel camera on the front, and an 8-megapixel camera on the back.
- No Physical Button on Front: This tablet doesn’t get any physical buttons on the front from Samsung.
- Size and Weight: Samsung is 7.5 millimeters thin, and its weight is 469 grams.
Amazon Fire and Samsung Galaxy both have the same screen size, which is 10.1 inches.
Amazon Fire Screen:
The Amazon Fire HD also has a full HD resolution with 1920 x 1200 pixels. This feature gives you sharp details and amazing colors. This device also isn’t labeled as an IPS screen but still, the viewing angles are decent.
The Samsung has a full HD resolution with 1920 x 1200 pixels. This is completely fine for a 10.1-inch screen, of course, higher–end tablets with the same screen size have more pixel density.
But still, this tablet gives you an amazing experience, sharp quality, and details.
Although this isn’t an IPS display it has really good viewing angles. Also, this screen is fully laminated, so there will be almost no internal reflections between the display and front glass. This tablet has beautiful colors and is suitable for use outside.
Samsung Galaxy is the clear winner in terms of screen quality due to its brightness. You can use it easily outside.
Both Amazon and Samsung tablets are budget-friendly tablets with very good battery life.
Amazon Fire Battery Life:
The Amazon Fire has a 6300mAh battery. This is a bit bigger than the Samsung Galaxy. This tablet lasts for about 12 hours while streaming videos with full brightness.
So you can catch your favorite movies, TV shows, videos or read books for a long time.
Samsung Battery Life:
Samsung Galaxy has a battery of 6150mAh. The battery life is good. This tablet lasts for about 10 hours which is quite impressive considering its price. If you’re watching only videos or surfing through the internet you will need to charge the tablet one time in two or three days.
But if you play high-demand games like PUBG Mobile you will need to charge the tablet every two or three hours.
Judging by battery life Amazon Fire is better because it can be used for more hours than the Samsung Galaxy.
Amazon Fire Pros And Cons:
Samsung Tablet Pros And Cons:
To Sum Up.
The AMAZON FIRE is one of the lowest–priced 10.1 – Inch tablets and is good value for money. In my opinion, it is best suited for users who want to watch videos and surf the web leisurely. The octa–core is powerful enough to easily perform this type of simple task. You can also play most of the games but probably not the latest titles that demand more graphics.
Even though the device loses in terms of design, performance, camera, and software it still is a very good value for money tablet.
Not to forget, it takes home one victory and that’s in the battery segment which is important for a tablet. The most annoying feature for me is the lack of Google services and persistent AMAZON content that begins showing at you.
The SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB, on the other hand, has the backing of one of the best tablet manufacturers, so it’s quite hard to beat that. It has a 3.5mm Jack that enables you to connect to a large number of other devices (such as speakers) having 3.5mm Port. It is 8 % slimmer than Amazon Fire. Slimmer devices are easier to carry in a pocket and look more fashionable.
Overall the Samsung Galaxy can do more demanding tasks more smoothly than the Amazon Fire.
Even though the Samsung Galaxy Tablet is a bit pricier, it delivers better features than the other. But if you don’t want to spend more on a tablet, and as an example buy it for your kids, Amazon Fire may be the best choice.